The Theory Of Everything /Galaxy Nails


Hello everyone! I've gone for something different this week and my nails are partly inspired by a film, The Theory Of Everything.


I've wanted to see this film since it came out and I am determined to watch it soon, especially as it has been nominated for so many awards in the last week or so!  


I also thought it was a great opportunity to try galaxy nail art as I hadn't attempted it before but I've always loved it when I've seen other people try it!


For the base I used 'Indigo' but it is mainly covered in acrylic paint! For the galaxy/space effect I used a dry paintbrush to sponge on the nails different shades of blues and purples. I then used my fingers and a more watery acrylic paint mix on the paintbrush to 'splatter' my nails to create the illusion of stars! I loved doing this, it was so much fun! I felt like being a child let loose with the paint and creating a mess again!



 I wish I had planned something to do on my other nails as I feel they are a bit plain compared to my thumb nail! However I am pleased with how that turned out! I love the challenge of getting words small enough to fit on my nails, yet big enough to read and look how they're supposed to!


I really want to try more galaxy nails and research more techniques on how to do them in the future! Also I want to try and become more inspired by films, I want to challenge myself a little bit more!

Thank you for reading!
Hope you like them!

Comments

Popular Posts