Summer Sky Nails

Hello everyone! We've had a heatwave in the UK this week so I wanted to do summer inspired nails!

Summer Evening Sky Nail Art

In the end I went for a summer sky theme! I went to a concert in a forest this week and it was so beautiful as the sun set, I love summer evenings!


Summer Evening Sky Nail Art

It was my third time seeing The Script at Thetford Forest and it is such a beautiful venue for live music! Luckily it also inspired me to create these nails as I was struggling for inspiration!

Summer Evening Sky Nail Art

For my birthday last weekend I got a few new nail polishes from my lovely friends and I used one of them in this design! It's a No7 Stay Perfect polish in Duck Egg Blue! I'm a big fan of this shade! I found the consistency to be similar to a speedy dry Barry M nail paint and it took 3 coats to get a coverage I liked.

Summer Evening Sky Nail Art

It did look beautiful in the sun and I almost didn't want to do any nail art over it!


I created the sunset background first using a dry brush and then painted on the clouds and little birds, all with acrylic paint! This simple design made it easier to paint my right hand, and I think I'm slowly improving with it! Yay!

Summer Evening Sky Nail Art

I think these nails are perfect for summer! I love the pretty colours - you can never go wrong with sunsets!

Thank you for reading, let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts