Simple Colour Block Nails With Tutorial

This week's nails are a quick and simple colour block pattern!

Colour Blocking Nail Art Quick Simple Design

These aren't the nails I had planned for this week but I was completely disorganised and had ran out of time before meeting my friends for a meal. Therefore I needed a really quick and easy design that still had an impact, and colour blocking never disappoints! 
Keep reading for a tutorial. :)



Colour Blocking Nail Art Quick Simple Design

I managed to finish both hands in just over half an hour and I'm pretty pleased with the results, yet I can still tell that I rushed them! If I had more time I would have spent more time making sure the lines were straight and more uniform in width and maybe added some detail into the blocks like spots and zigzags. I took these photos before I went out so the edges aren't as clean as I'd like either!

Colour Blocking Nail Art Quick Simple Design

 Here's a comparison between my right and left hand! I have absolutely no control painting with my left hand but with practice it should get easier. I like more simple designs like this as i think I can get my nails to actually match with each other rather than with more complicated designs that I couldn't dream of doing with my left hand! Maybe I'll show you what I paint on my right hand occasionally and hopefully show some improvement!





These are the steps I took to achieve these nails:
                          1. Outline a few boxes in one colour and fill it in
                            2. Repeat the same steps with a different colour 
  3. Outline with another colour

Simple yet effective!


As you can probably tell blue is my favourite colour and I love using it as a base for nail art, I find I can be more creative with cooler colours than warmer ones. I have no idea why this is! This base polish is Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream.

Colour Blocking Nail Art Quick Simple Design

Please leave a comment letting me know what you think!

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts