Cupid Valentine's Day Nails

Hello everyone, happy Valentine's Day! I don't really celebrate this holiday but it's hard to ignore so I've done a simple Valentine's nail design!

Valentine's_Day_Nail_Art

I love any excuse to paint a few hearts on my nails and I'm quite pleased with how these turned out, especially the silhouettes! 


Valentine's_Day_Nail_Art

I didn't want to a design that was too pink and 'girly' as I wanted to wear the design for longer than just Valentine's day so I think the balance between the light blue/green base and the pink hearts works really well! To me it's cute and romantic without being too over the top!


Bluey/green polishes are my all time favourites, and Barry M launched a new collection of 'Speedy Quick Dry' Paints this week and I had to buy the shade called 'Road Rage'! I had this design in mind when I bought it and I LOVE it! In this new range I also got 'In a Heartbeat' and 'Eat My Dust'. They also released some new polishes from the 'Gelly' collection and I got one called 'Sky Blue', so look out for these in future designs! They're all shown above in order from left to right!

Cupid_Valentine's_Day_Nail_Art

I'm quite impressed with how the people silhouettes finished up! Drawing/painting people has never been my favourite thing and I think I'm improving!

Cupid_Valentine's_Day_Nail_Art

To paint this design I painted the nails with the hearts first. Then I did the the basic outlines of Cupid on my thumb and the couple on my ring finger then filled it in and added the details! I practised drawing the silhouettes on paper several times before attempting to paint them on my nails!

Cupid_Valentine's_Day_Nail_Art
Cupid_Valentine's_Day_Nail_Art

Overall I'm really happy with these nails, I think they really suit the theme, and I'm happy to wear them for longer than just Valentine's Day!


Let me know what you think!
I hope whether you celebrate Valentine's Day or not you have a lovely day!

Thank you for reading!


Comments

Popular Posts