Simple Gingham/Check Pattern Nails

Hello everyone! This week my nails are a simple pink gingham/check pattern!

Simple Gingham Nail Art

I've always loved this pattern and I've finally had a go at painting it on my nails, and I love the result!

Simple Gingham Nail Art

For me this design is so summery- it also takes me back to my primary school summer uniform when we wore pink gingham dresses in the summer! All my primary school memories seem to involve playing in the school field in the summer wearing the pink gingham dress and these nails take me back to the carefree childhood times! 

Simple Gingham Nail Art


I'm so happy with how these nails turned out, I'm usually a bit nervous about straight lines as they show up mistakes so clearly! However this design is so simple and easy with only 3 colours! 

Simple Gingham Nail Art

I started with a base of Barry M's 'Rosehip'. For the pattern I mixed two shades of pink acrylic paint and painted the lines in the lighter shade and then where the lines crossed filled it in with the darker pink - so simple! I also managed to paint it on my right hand although the lines were slightly wobbly!

Simple Gingham Nail ArtSimple Gingham Nail Art

This pattern also reminds me of picnic blankets and general happy summer days, and I think it would work in any colour, however I think it is fitting to have it in a pink as the UK has welcomed a new baby Princess this week!

Simple Gingham Nail Art

Also this week this blog had it's first year anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year since I first had the courage to start posting my nails on here and I am so glad I did! I'm so grateful to everyone who clicks on every post and likes and comments, it's so surreal to think that people are genuinely in interested in what I paint on my nails!

Simple Gingham Nail Art

Thank you so much for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts