London Skyline Nails

Hi! This week I had an urge to paint the London skyline, and seeing as I haven't got a canvas I did it on my nails! 


It's far from perfect but there is no way I could have painted all of London's landmarks on my my nails, so I chose a few of my favourites and tried to arrange them so each nail was interesting on its own.











I started with a base colour of Barry M's Fuchsia but I pretty much covered it with a purple gradient for the sunset! I didn't take into account that the pink I had left wouldn't be seen, woops! Next I added a light outline of the buildings in black,  and then I coloured it in with the black and added the white highlights. I hadn't planned on adding the white but once I'd painted the black it didn't look 'finished' and I'm really glad I did add it in!


Here's a nice close up photo haha! From left to right the landmarks are The London Eye, Big Ben and St Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge and The Gherkin!  My middle finger nail is definitely my favourite but I wish Big Ben was more recognisable! 


So that is this week's nails! 
What are your favourite London landmarks?


Thank you for reading my blog!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts