Mini Cupcake Nails

Hello! To celebrate one of the best TV shows, The Great British Bake Off, returning this week, I painted some cupcakes on my nails!

Great British Bake Off Nail Art Cakes

 If you're not familiar with this show, it is a massively popular baking competition in the UK, it fits the British stereotype of afternoon tea perfectly! I haven't got a massive passion for baking but this show is amazing! 



Great British Bake Off Nail Art Cakes

I've seen loads of nail art designs for cupcakes that have one cupcake on each nail and knew I wanted to do something different from these. Also I love anything that is miniature, mini items are so cute! (this post is so girly, I'm sorry haha!)


Above is a photo of my design inspiration for these nails! I've had this piece of fabric for years and I've always wanted an excuse to try and adapt it on to my nails and here it is!

Great British Bake Off Nail Art Cakes

 The base coat I used is Blue Moon by Barry M. It is a quite sheer light bluey/green with a little bit of a shimmer. If I wasn't adding any nail art it would need more coats than 2! I then used white acrylic paint and a dotting tool to paint the polka dots. Next I used the white again to create the basic cupcake shapes. After this I added the colour to the cases and the icing. I got a bit fed up with the hearts on my other nails, the part I thought would be the easiest! I couldn't get the shape and colour to match what I wanted in my head and got a bit annoyed!

Great British Bake Off Nail Art Cakes

So here are my nails inspired by cupcakes! 
Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!



Comments

Popular Posts