Red Tartan/Plaid Nails

Hello! Tartan seems to be everywhere at the moment so I had to get involved and paint a tartan design on my nails!

Tartan/Plaid Nail Art

In all the shops I go in there seems to be tartan inspired products and I recently bought a tartan checked scarf!



Tartan/Plaid Nail Art

Before painting them I'd worked out the design I was going to do and it all seemed really simple, but it was a lot more difficult to do than I thought!



Tartan/Plaid Nail Art

I started off by painting my ring finger and it turned into a bit of a mess and I really wasn't happy with the colours I'd used. So I painted over the yellow liens with a gold nail varnish and I'm much happier with the finished result.

Tartan/Plaid Nail Art

 The base coat I used is 'Blood Orange' and the gold paint is 'Caspian' from the Aquarium collection. I think the gold paint really helps to create the Autumny feeling to the nails and has a lovely effect!

Tartan/Plaid Nails Tutorial

Here's a tutorial for how I painted them!




I'd love to try this design again but trying to get the lines neater as this is such an important part of the design and I feel I haven't done this well enough!

Let me know what you think, thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts