Sugar Skull Day of the Dead Nails

My nails this week are inspired by the Mexican holiday, Day of the Dead!


I've always been fascinated by this holiday and the bright, intricate details used on sugar skulls and wanted to find out more about it so I chose to paint my own sugar skulls on my nails and find out more about this holiday as well!




I love finding out new things about other cultures and I'm glad I can use my nails as a way to represent this! In my nails I wanted to reflect the love and detail that goes into creating sugar skulls but it is difficult with such a tiny area!


I'm pleased with how the two nails with the sugar skulls have turned out, but less so with the other nails as I did these quickly and by this point I had ran out of patience! However I do love the combination of the colours! I just wish I'd spent a bit of time planning something easy on these nails so they'd look nicer!



 Thanks for reading!
Let me know what you think!


Comments

Popular Posts