Flower And Vine Pattern Nails

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you're all enjoying 2015 so far! This week I thought I'd try something different and came up with this flower and vine pattern nail art!

Flower And Vine Pattern Nail Art

 When I was taking my Art GCSE I  really enjoyed studying the work of William Morris and I think subconsciously these nails were inspired by his designs! At first I had planned to do some pastel flower nail art but I felt it was missing something and so I tried adding the vines and I'm glad I did!



Flower And Vine Pattern Nail Art

I'm not entirely sure these nails work but I spent so long on them I just didn't have the energy to keep going until I was pleased with them!

Flower And Vine Pattern Nail Art

The base I used is 'Rose Hip', one of my favourite pinks! I started off by painting the purple rose flowers but I just couldn't get them right. Therefore I wanted the design to have more to it than the flowers to distract attention away from them! At first I had painted the vines in a really pale green but it just didn't show up against the pink base so I went darker, and I love the contrast between the green vines and the purple flowers!

Flower And Vine Pattern Nail Art

I really want to try painting my nails based on William Morris' designs properly as I had no intention of this design to turn out like this and I want to improve my floral nail art skills!

Flower And Vine Pattern Nail Art
































So here is my first nail design of 2015!

Hope you all have a great year and thank you all for reading my posts, starting this blog last year was one of the best things I did!


Leave me a comment below, I'd love to know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts