Geometric Pattern Nails

Hello! I felt inspired to do a bold pattern this week, and so I painted my nails with a geometric style pattern!


I'm always being inspired by different patterns, yet I never seem to get round to painting them so I'm really pleased I finally did with these nails! I was inspired by Nailuminium's beautiful nails here but I wanted to create my own design based on the geometric idea!





When I planned and designed these nails I had intended to do a purple/blue/pink colour scheme but somehow that changed whilst I was painting them and some yellow appeared in the design!


The picture above shows them with the yellow. I think I was trying to get a gold effect but I just couldn't get it right so I painted over it with the white paint, however there's still a slight yellow tint to it! 


To do these nails I painted them with Barry M's 'fuschia' and then did the diagonal lines in black to create the outline of the diamonds. I then used the black again to create the smaller pink diamond inside the bigger ones. Then I painted the blue and white lines and outlined it all in the black to finish! Sorry if I didn't explain that very well!


Overall I'm happy with this design, it looks quite impressive from a distance, but as I'm such a perfectionist every time I look at it I see the mistakes. I always find with these sorts of patterns mistakes are easier to spot!


Thanks for reading, let me know what you think!


Comments

Popular Posts