Black And White William Morris Inspired Nails


Hello! My nails this week are a black and white pattern inspired by William Morris!


After doing my Flower And Vine nails a few weeks ago, they reminded me of Willaim Morris' designs, I wanted to properly try to create a design on my nails based on his work!





I studied his work for the first unit of my GCSE and really enjoyed it! I love detailed work and spent hours recreating his work and designing my own pieces based on his designs, and I think it was this that made me realise just how much I loved art!  


I love bright colours so much, but I've wanted to do black and white nails since my Arctic Monkeys nails last summer, I just love the contrast it creates!  


 To do these nails I painted my nails black, apart from my middle and ring fingers which I painted white to see if it created a good effect, but I wish I hadn't! I much prefer my nails with the black background and white detail! Using acrylic paint as usual I first painted the flowers and then added all the background details, I just can't explain how much I love detailed work! I spent about 2 hours painting these and the time passed so fast, they aren't perfect but they were starting to strain my eyes so I had to stop!


I'm really happy with how these turned out, I keep looking down at my hands and staring at them haha!

Thanks for reading, hope you like them!
Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts