Floral Rose Nails

Hello! After last week's daisy nails I wanted to try some more floral nails and painted some roses on my nails!

Floral Rose Nail Art

I've always loved floral nail art, and in particular rose nail art, they always look so pretty and it is perfect for this time of year!


Floral Rose Nail Art

For these nails I was inspired by lacquerstyle's vintage floral nails, they are so realistic and beautiful, her work has really inspired me to improve and continue with painting my nails! 

Floral Rose Nail Art
Floral Rose Nail Art
The base colour I used for this design was 'In a Heart Beat' from Barry M's new speedy dry collection. The rest as always is acrylic paint! I started by painting a gradient on all the nails using a dry brush, and then using a medium pink shade made the outlines of the roses. Once that had dried I used a pale pink and a darker pink to create the contrast! My favourite part of designs like this are the leaves/thorns! I think they really bring the design together! I used two shades of green to bring them to life and I'm really happy with them!

Floral Rose Nail Art

Floral Rose Nail Art

My favourite nail is by far my thumb! Somehow the roses on my thumb ended up much smaller than on my other fingers and I think this looks a lot better, and more realistic! My other nails look more messy and squashed up in my opinion and I wish I had painted them smaller!

Floral Rose Nail Art

 So here are my floral rose nails!

 I love doing traditionally 'pretty' nails like these every so often in amongst my fictional nails!

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!


Comments

Popular Posts