Irish St. Patrick's Day Nails

Hello everyone! This week my nails are Irish themed as it is nearly St. Patrick's Day!

Irish St. Patrick's Day Nail Art

 I love all things Irish and I would love to visit Ireland soon! Also this week I've been to see 2 of my favourite Irish bands, Kodaline and The Script, so these nails seemed to be really fitting!



Irish St. Patrick's Day Nail Art

Irish St. Patrick's Day Nail Art

I first did Irish nails in 2011 using just nail varnish and I remember how much I enjoyed doing the design so it was lovely to recreate the design again now!

Irish St. Patrick's Day Nail Art

 When designing these nails I knew I wanted to create a pattern with the theme of the shamrocks and so did that on 3 nails and the leprechaun hat and the pot of gold on the other 2! I think the nails all work well together as the green ties them all together and I'm really pleased with this!

Irish St. Patrick's Day Nail Art

I started off with 2 coats of Barry M's 'Mint Green' and used a dry brush to dab on some white acrylic paint lightly as I thought it was a bit too strong for the background. Painting the shamrocks was harder than it seemed as I found it tricky getting them the right shapes and similar sizes, but I think they turned out reasonably ok!

Irish St. Patrick's Day Nail Art


So here are my nails Irish nails!

Thanks for reading, hope you like them!
If you're celebrating St. Patrick's Day I hope you have a great time!

Comments

Popular Posts