Tangled Nails With Tutorial

Here are my Tangled nails inspired by the lantern scene!



Recently I've become intrigued by landscape nail art and I've been meaning to do Tangled nails for a very long time so this is the result! Tangled is just such a cute, lovely film and in particular the lantern scene is just beautiful and so I had to recreate that!





 I was worrying about how I was going to try and represent the lanterns on my nails as I didn't want to ruin the design underneath them but the lanterns are what makes this scene so special. At this stage I remembered I had a shredded gold glitter topcoat from Barry M's aquarium collection that I hadn't had a reason to use yet and it seemed like the perfect solution! The photo above are my nails without the glitter topcoat, with just a normal topcoat.



As I chose to do a design that spread over my 4 fingers, I had my thumb spare. I felt the obvious answer to this was to write Tangled on it!



As I'd never used a glitter topcoat before I tried using it on my right hand before I used it on my left hand and ruined the design! I'm quite happy with the result. Yay! I find getting my right hand to pose to show my nails so uncomfortable, I'll have to try and practice so it seems more natural!

Here's a tutorial for this design:



  1. Paint nails a dark blue, and then paint the top half purple using a dry brush. It's at this point I painted the glitter topcoat on my right hand!
  2. Create the castle shape using a dark brown/black, it doesn't have to be exact because it will covered by the lanterns.
  3. Paint the gondola.
  4. Add in the characters' hair and then the colour of their clothes.
  5. Add the lanterns! Either paint them by hand or use a glitter nail polish. If you have another method for this please leave a comment!



Let me know what you think! 
Hope you like them!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts