Gradient Aztec Nails

Hello everyone, this week I've gone for a simple gradient aztec design and I also have some exciting news to share!



A few weeks ago I was contacted by the born pretty store to see if I would like to receive some products to review on this blog! Hopefully this means I'll be able to post twice a week in the future!


I was a bit hesitant to start with as my nail art has always been more about the 'art' rather than more traditional nail art but if I continue to post my normal nails on a Saturday and then my review posts in the middle of the week I think this could work out really well! I'm hoping to use the products they send me to create nail art in ways I haven't explored before so you can all learn  along with me!


This is my first review post and today I'm showing you some sponges for gradient nail art! I've always used brushes and acrylics paints to create my gradient nails in the past and I was really excited to try out this technique as I'd seen it everywhere!


I started with a white base coat as I wasn't sure if the colours would stand out on a different colour base! I then painted the 4 colours of nail polish I had chosen to create the gradient onto the sponge, making the area bigger than the shape of my nails. I then dabbed it on to my nails so that the colours blended together! I only had to repaint the polish a few times, it goes a surprisingly long way!


The only annoying part about this is that it's hard to avoid getting the polish all over your fingers! Luckily I actually enjoy cleaning up nail polish and I used a cotton bud and then a brush to clean up around my cuticles! 


As ever I used acrylic paint for the aztec design! The colours I used for the background are Barry M's 'Blue Grape', 'Blueberry icecream' and 'Fondant' and No 7's 'Duck Egg Blue'! I think these colours have really blended well together and are the perfect background colour combination for the aztec pattern!


You can buy the sponges from the born pretty store hereand you can get 10% off with my discount code FICW10

Thanks for reading, hope you like them!
Let me know what you think!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts