The Sun in Her Eyes Book Cover Nails

Hello! This week I've painted the cover of Paige Toon's book, The Sun in Her Eyes onto my nails!


I finished reading it last night and I have to admit I stayed up later than I should have done reading it!



Over the last few years I've become completely addicted to Paige's books, they're all so compelling - I want to reread them immediately after finishing them!


As I was reading the book I kept having ideas about how to turn the cover into a nail design, it's a lovely book cover so I wanted to do it justice!


The base colour I used is Barry M's 'Sky Blue' which I thought was quite suitable! I wanted my other nails to match and fit in with my ring nail with the book cover on it and so I used the flowers and butterfly pattern from the cover on these nails, and I'm really happy with how this turned out.


As ever all the details are done in acrylic paint! I'm a little annoyed with myself that I ran out of room on my thumb and had to squash the last word of the title in! I should have started it further up my nail, hopefully I'll remember this for the next time!


I already can't wait to read her next book!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts